I. Rewrite the following sentences. Decide on grammatical grounds, what part of speech the word is decorated ending -s, and what function it performs end, T e. Whether it is:
a) index of the third person singular of the verb in the Present Indefinite;
b) indication of the plural noun;
c) indication of the possessive case of a noun (see. the sample is 1).
Turn suggestions on the Russian language.
1. We discussed the student's progress in the meeting.
2. Most cities have colleges or universities in the USA.
3. Mathematics plays an important part in many sciences.
II. Rewrite the following sentences and translate them, paying particular attention to the Russian translation of the definitions vy¬razhennyh noun (see para. 2 sample implementation).
1. Most American colleges and universities have a five point scale (5 point system).
2. A secretary often types business letters and sends telex and faxes to different companies.
3. They live in a comfortable two-room flat.
III. Rewrite the following sentences that contain different forms of comparison, and translate them into Russian.
1. As for me, physics is the most difficult of all subjects.
2. The more we get together, the merrier we'll be.
3. The English gardens are internationally famous.
IV. Rewrite and translate the written proposals for the Russian language, paying attention to the translation of indefinite and negative pronouns.
1. Nobody knows anything about this fact in our group.
2. Any student at our department is good at computers.
3. Some people like sports and the other some people prefer speak about it.
V. Rewrite the following sentences, determine in their species-tense forms of verbs and specify their infinitive; translate into Russian proposal (see. the sample is 3).
1. For the company and conversation the English go to the local public house.
2. This idea was very important in science
3. In three years he will become the chief manager.
VI. Read and orally translated into Russian from 1 to 5 th paragraphs of text. Rewrite and translate written 2, 3, 4 and 5th paragraphs.
1. Cambridge is one of the two main universities of England located at the Cam River. It was founded at the beginning of the 12-th century. The University consists of (is composed of) 24 different colleges including 4 colleges for women. Each college is self -governing (self-guided).
2. The head of the University is the chancellor who is elected for life.
The teachers are commonly called "dons '' and" tutors ". Part of the teaching is by means of lectures organized by the University. Besides lectures teaching is carried out by tutorial system for which the Cambridge University is famous all over the world. This is a system of individual tuition (training) organized by the colleges.
3. Each student has a tutor who practically guides him through the whole course of studies. The tutor plans the student's work and once a week the student goes to his tutor to discuss his work with him. The training course lasts 4 years. The academic year is divided into three terms. The students study natural and technical sciences, law, history, languages, geography and many other subjects.